News Republic, the world’s largest news provider with more than 1,650 licensed publishing partners globally, announced it has been selected by Acer Inc. to deliver real-time news on all Acer smartphones across 60 countries worldwide. Easily accessed via Acer’s innovative Left Page offering, News Republic is now shipping on Acer’s new Liquid Z and Liquid X line of smartphones, and will be phased into all new handsets this year.
Winner of the “Best Mobile Media Publishing App” at Mobile World Congress last year, News Republic will be preloaded on Acer smartphones to provide users a highly personalized news experience. Users will be able to pick the news they care about across more than one million topics and in 37 languages. With deep algorithmic intelligence that increasingly learns the more a user reads, it pushesthe most relevant news to each reader.
“Acer is focused on providing the most consumer-friendly user interface and experience with our smartphones,” said ST Liew, president of Smart Devices Business Group at Acer, “and News Republic fits right into this strategy with its highly intuitive and personalized access to global news.”
News Republic provides a differentiated experience that is:
- Visual: Users can discover and digest the latest news on their favorite topics in a highly visual format.
- Smart, relevant and truly personal: News Republic’s smart algorithmlearns what users like and intuitively personalizes news experiences.
- Complete. More than 50,000 articles, 40,000 photos and 1,500 videos from trusted sources are curated every day – there are no shortened RSS feeds.
- In–depth. Readers can explore related topics via Tag Nav™, an innovative news navigation system that gives users access to topic-driven content from partners including The Associated Press, Reuters, Huffington Post, Business Insider, Bloomberg and TechCrunch.
- Fast and Fluid: Its clean, intuitive interface routinely wins kudos from users, press and industry organizations.
“We are proud to have News Republic integrated and preloaded on Acer’s innovative smartphones, as it is a win-win for both companies and our customers,” said News Republic CEO Gilles Raymond. “Making news from 40 countries and across 37 languages easily available to the millions of Acer users will provide more empowerment and engagement. We know that those who read better, know better–and ultimately, we hope, do better.”
To begin enjoying News Republic, Acer smartphone users can simply open Left Page and select News Republic along with their topics of interest. From there, they can immediately begin enjoying the News Republic experience.
Feel Free to share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter, like our Facebook Fan Page and Add us to your circles on Google+ to keep you updated with the latest technology news, gadget reviews, launches around the world and much more