OnePlus, one of the fastest growing global smartphone companies, in a run-up to the upcoming OnePlus 3 launch, today partnered with Droom, pioneering online automobile marketplace, to conduct first ever smartphone auction in India.
OnePlus is holding a first-of-its-kind smartphone auction of its latest flagship device OnePlus 3 where fans will get a chance to bid on the Droom platform to win five OnePlus 3 smartphones even before it goes on sale on Amazon.in on June 15th, 12:30AM. Moreover, the entire proceeds from the auction will go to the charity chosen by the OnePlus community through voting on OnePlus Forums.
Elaborating on the concept behind the auction Vikas Agarwal, General Manager, India at OnePlus said, “We are excited by the response from the OnePlus community to our latest flagship. Through this unique smartphone auction, we want to offer our loyal fans an opportunity to get their hands on the first few OnePlus 3 smartphones in the country, even before it goes on sale while also contributing to the society.”
Sandeep Aggarwal, Founder & CEO, Droom, said, “Droom has posted exponential growth in platform traffic and GMV driven owing to its disruptive business approach and consumer connect. The strategic partnership with OnePlus for the launch of their latest product underlines our brand position as the leading online automobile transactional marketplace in the country. We are confident that this first-of-a-kind auction will help in popularising smartphones within the country and will grant aspiring owners a unique chance to win OnePlus 3 smartphones through our platform, much before their commercial launch!”
This auction goes live from June 9th, 4 PM to June 12th, 3:59:59 PM and the top five highest individual bidders for the OnePlus 3 smartphones will end up owning the “first-ever OnePlus 3s in India” along with a surprise element attached to the phone, which OnePlus will reveal at the time of handing over the handsets to the winners.
Following is a step-by-step guide for fans wishing to participate at the auction:
- Bidders need to head over to the Droom website to participate in the auction
- Registration is mandatory for eligibility as bidders will need to login to the portal
- Bidding will commence from Rupee 1, with no cap on the final amount for bids
- Every bid increases the price of the OnePlus 3 smartphone by Rupees 5
- Auction goes live from June 9th, 4 PM to June 12th, 3:59:59 PM
- A live leaderboard on the product page will be provided to showcase the top 10 bids in real time
- The top 5 bidders will be sent a link to purchase the phones they bid for, immediately after the auction closes
- The phones will be delivered after the global launch scheduled on June 14th
Feel Free to share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter, like our Facebook Fan Page and Add us to your circles on Google+ to keep you updated with the latest technology news, gadget reviews, launches around the world and much more