Cube26, India’s leading technology firm, today launched its first smart device in the IoT category – IOTA Lite in India. The innovative smart bulb is powered by Texas Instruments microprocessor and uses energy efficient Toshiba LED. With a lifespan of 15,000 hours, IOTA Lite offers users the choice of 16 million colors to play with. The smart bulb is compatible with devices running on Android version 4.0+ and 5+.
The IOTA Lite is rated at 7W and offers 500 lumens of brightness. Powered by Bluetooth 4.0, it connects into an existing light fixture without the need for a hub or extra hardware. An intuitive and seamless system, IOTA Lite’s firmware is upgradeable and future-proof, with the potential for more features to be downloaded and accessed in the future.
“The IOTA Lite marks our entry into the IoT (Internet of Things) segment in India and we believe lighting is integral to the smart home concept. With the launch of IOTA Lite, we intend to transform the lighting experience of Indian smartphone users,” Saurav Kumar, CEO & Co-Founder, Cube26. “The IOTA Lite is specifically designed to provide connected consumers a distinct, hassle-free and fun way to light up their homes.”
“We are extremely delighted to partner with Cube26 and offer our customers the exclusive opportunity to buy the IOTA Lite this festive season. This unique smart bulb is loaded with interactive features and easily accessible via an app on smartphones,” said Adarsh Menon, Head of Consumer Electronics, Flipkart.
Key highlights of the IOTA Lite include:
- Weather Alert – IOTA Lite visually shows the weather forecast at the user’s location. The app also offers a simple customization option through which users can choose any shade to denote different weather conditions.
- Call/SMS alert – With its unique call alert feature, the IOTA Lite blinks in a certain color for an incoming call. This feature is beneficial when the user is around high noise area or when the smartphone is on silent mode. Users can also customize the app and add select contacts to be alerted via the Lite.
- Music Sync – The Lite changes its color and syncs with the rhythm of the music providing an elevated experience. It syncs with the music playing in the user’s smartphone and provides a live, beautiful light and sound show.
- Preset Modes – This feature allows users to adjust light according to one’s mood. Through its preset configurations users can customize different modes – reading mode, relaxation mode, party mode and more. Users can define their party mode and have Lite cycle through different colors at random or use the blue, green and purple colours to define their relaxation mode.
Other features include:
- Dimmable – Users can adjust the brightness of Lite using their smart phone
- Energy Efficient – IOTA Lite uses LED technology which consumes one tenth the energy of a traditional bulb
- Long Life – The long lasting LED lights will last up to 15000 hours
- Connect up to 7 bulbs – Users can remote control up to 7 bulbs with one app directly from their smart phone without a bridge.
- Scheduling – Users can program the Lite to match their routine. The Lite can be adjusted to go on and off without reaching out for a switch.
IOTA Lite LED Smart Bulb costs Rs. 1899/- and is available exclusively on Flipkart for Indian consumers from 6th November 2015 at an introductory cost of 1499/-
Feel Free to share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter, like our Facebook Fan Page and Add us to your circles on Google+ to keep you updated with the latest technology news, gadget reviews, launches around the world and much more